28 May 2008

Google Books Genealogy Index

I don't know if you are like me, but there are times when I find the interface to Google Book Search to be somewhat awkward.

In order to alleviate this somewhat, I have started developing an index to books and journals of genealogical interest from Google Books. These are only the full view items (those you can read and browse in their entirety), since those are the ones I find the most useful. This is still a work in progress.

Right now I have almost completed the county histories for the United States (love those biographical sketches!), and there are some sundry other items I have found along the way thrown in.

Check back for more updates and more fine-tuning of the page. I hope to eventually have a sort of genealogy catalog of Googel Books!

You can check out the index here.

1 comment:

Kathryn Doyle said...

Jennifer,

Thanks! My gg-grandfather, William JUNKINS, served in Co. H, 41st Reg. Pennsylvania 12th Reserve Corps. I had never before seen the regiment history.

Your new index will make a great link in the next CGS eNews.