06 November 2008

Oakland Genealogy Website




Just a short post to let everyone know that today I've officially launched my newest endeavor, OaklandGenealogy.com.

The bones of the site are up, but like everything else, this site will be growing steadily as I sneak in work while my toddler son is sleeping. Ultimately, I want this site to reflect my "dream" genealogy site for a city. Comprehensive, broad-based, a basket for pertinent information needed and desired by any genealogist researching in a particular city. I am trying to intertwine history and genealogy on this site, creating a site where a researcher can step into their research period in a more visceral way.

The site clearly isn't there yet, but eventually it will be! Please stop by the site, check it out, and let me know what you think. Thanks!

3 comments:

Taneya said...

Jennifer - this is a great idea! I wish you much success with it. Looks like it will be a great resource.

Jennifer said...

Thanks Taneya, for being so supportive. I like to think all those long lonely hours at the computer serve a purpose for someone! =)

Julie said...

Congrats on your new endeavor! This is a great resource.