10 June 2008

Google Books Index Update

I wanted to let everyone know that I have been hard at work on the Google Books Index, an index of full-view books of genealogical interest available at Google Books.

Each state now has its own page, and resources on each page have been organized by type of book.

I have indexed 890 books, mostly county and state histories, some directories, and historical society publications.

Next up will be the indexing of books with vital records and record transcriptions, then surname-based family histories.

3 comments:

Amanda Erickson said...

Thank you for doing this. I was able to find a book through your index that talks about many of my ancestors and their relatives. While it is only a secondary resource, it gives me a basis for researching primary records on about 50 new people. Again... thank you, thank you, thank you!

Jennifer said...

Excellent! It makes me so happy to hear that the index helped you. It is always a boost to accomplish more when I hear my work is worthwhile. Cheers!

-Jennifer

Taneya said...

Holy cow! this is great! thank you for working on it :-) As a librarian who also does some genealogy indexing, this so encouraging to see others working hard to make it easier for others to find what they need.