14 June 2011

Tribune Tuesdays: Just Imagine

From: The Oakland Tribune, 16 October 1912

Youthful Bride's Troubles Win Sympathy and Interlocutory Divorce Decree

Just imagine a husband who got mad and nearly killed his wife's dog and then turned his wrath upon her when she protested; a husband who got mad again because she went to the store and charged a half-dozen eggs when she was hungry!
"Just imagine", said 18-year-old Edith Nauert, in testifying in her divorce suit against Henry P. Nauert today. "He hit me just because I went down to the creamery and got a half-dozen eggs. He never brought anything into the house and because I did go and charge anything, he got angry about it and I said: Who has a better right than I have to get anything and then he got mad and gave me the dickens about it."
The Court did imagine and the girl wife was given an interlocutory decree.

No comments: