12 June 2010
CA History In the News 05 - 12 June 2010
* Almaden Quicksilver Park, from the Morgan Hill Times. The article discusses the area, which is now a park, and the Hidalgo Cemetery.
* A bit about the history of Santa Monica's Palisades Park, from the Los Angeles Times.
* A Peek at SF's Sheriff's Sword from The SF Chronicle. An 1861 commemorative sword visits SF City Hall.
* A Walk through Bankers Hill from The San Diego Union-Tribune
* On Orange County's lima bean industry, from the Dana Point Times. They're what put the Irvine in the area, don't you know.