03 July 2010
CA History in the News 26 June - 03 July 2010
* The Coast Guard and the town of Ferndale, CA are tussling over custody of a 142-year old lighthouse lens
* The town of Arcata, CA is undertaking the survey of its historic buildings
* The Old City Cemetery Committee had a very cool tour of a Sacramento historic cemetery recently. What a great idea!
* UC Santa Cruz is trying to restore an historic barn on campus.
* Big news in California as Sierra No. 3, famous rail star, returns after an image rehab and full-scale makeover.
* Finally, a short visit to California Hill in Nebraska, one of the many points of struggle for westward-bound pioneers: